AtLA 30 Day Challenge (the Do-Over): Day 6 - Favorite Element Nation: Air
february 21, 2005 — july 19, 2008 (happy 7 years!)
- The Southern Air Templeis located in the Patola Mountain Range, and was one of two temples that exclusively housed male Air Nomads before the beginning of the Hundred Year War. It was notable for being the home of Avatar Aang. It features an airball arena and an inner sanctuary, in which reside numerous statues of past Avatars.
- The Northern Air Temple is located in the mountains along the northern coast of the Earth Kingdom, and was one of the two temples that exclusively housed male Air Nomads. Years after the devastating blow the Fire Nation had dealt to the Air Nomads, the deserted temple was colonized by a group of Earth Kingdom refugees, led by a renowned inventor, after their town was destroyed by a flood. The mechanist modified the temple to make life easier for the new inhabitants. The temple once held statues and paintings, however, these and other parts of the temple were destroyed by the mechanist to make room for his new technology.
- The Eastern Air Temple is located in a mountain range in the south-eastern Earth Kingdom, and was one of the two temples that exclusively housed female Air Nomads.The site also includes statues of the Air Nomad Avatar before Aang, Yangchen. After the Air Nomads were killed, the temple became the home of Guru Pathik, and was also the place in which Avatar Aang was taught by Pathik how to unlock his chakras in order to master the Avatar State.It is notable for being situated on three separate mountains, connected by bridges, and was the place where all young airbenders would choose the flying bison that would become their life companion.
- The Western Air Temple is located in the mountains north of the Fire Nation, and was one of the two temples that exclusively housed female Air Nomads. Like the Eastern Air Temple, it boasts statues of Yangchen. The temple is notable in that, unlike the other three temples, it is situated underneath the edge of a cliff instead of atop a mountain. The spires seem as though they were built upside-down, and because of that, the temple is hidden from the passersby. The site is also covered in many flying bison paintings, which have stayed in relatively good condition unlike those in the Northern Temple. Renowned as the birthplace of past Avatar Yangchen.
- Air Temple Island is the most recent air temple, built by Avatar Aang himself, and is home to Tenzin and his family. Located off the coast of Republic City near the entrance of Yue Bay, tides and its coastal geography keep it secluded from casual access. The island sports several structures, including a large tower and a smaller building nearby, and it is inhabited by some sky bison and a different species of flying lemur, the ring-tailed winged lemur.
Highly experimental ATLA season 1 episodes 14-20 scenery